Service Offering- Strategic Inventory Management
Ask any responsible senior executive what is the appropriate amount of inventory for their operation. Nine times out ten, the answer is “I do not know, except that it is too much”. This service offering is aimed at addressing this amazing state of affairs, by enabling corporations to identify how much inventory is appropriate, and which mechanisms will achieve that target level.
- Development of an explicit inventory model for the organization, that appropriately represents the multi-step and multistage reality of the supply chain.
- Recommended policy and salient parameter prescription for each step and stage of the inventory model, in order to achieve target inventory levels.
- Definition of a critical success factor programme for implementing the required policy and parameter positions, and achieve and maintain the inventory result.
- Identification of other improvement opportunities as appropriate.
Typical Duration : (contingent on operating unit complexity, EIS capability and robustness of the current process)
- Senior Director or VP Supply Chain Operations, Materials or Finance.
- Site Director Finance, Materials or General Manager.
Follow up Support Options.
- Implementation monitoring
- Annual model maintenance (either in budget cycle or at start of year)
4 Publications Available!
- Inventory 2004 : Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Distribution
- Inventory 2004 : Medical Devices and Diagnostics
- Strategic Inventory Management in Global Supply Chains
- Comparison of Inventory Performance at Big Pharma 2003