Services to the Food Sector
The Food industry is becoming increasing sophisticated in terms of the management mechanisms it deploys and the global scope of its operations. Its need for best practice operations is just as pronounced as anything that is encountered in the glamour industries.
Cost has always been a factor, given the status of food as a commodity. The dynamics of supply chain velocity are now more pronounced than ever. At the same time, increasing regulatory and environmental constraints are pushing an agenda of increased operations control. Mergers and acquisitions in the sector are frequent.
In this environment, companies need to enhance their ability to innovate and compete along all dimensions of the business. Orbsen Consulting can help food sector companies face this challenge. Selected examples are as follows:
- For food sector companies considering the next strategic moves, the Orbsen approach to dynamic use of Critical Success Factor’s could represent a new departure for the business.
- For those interested in strategic cost reduction in operations, Orbsen offers a breakthrough approach in the analysis of conversion costs, and the linkage of cost drivers in operations to those conversion cost elements. The purpose is to enable a strategic programme aimed at moving the change levers that are going to favourably impact costs and margin.
- The multi-stage supply chains that exist in the sector are very amenable to structured inventory analysis and Inventory Reduction techniques. Orbsen’s breakthrough service offering in this area can makes a significant difference to asset investment in working capital.
- Sales and Operations Planning approaches for the 1-12 month horizon and 1-3 year horizon are particularly relevant to allowing management in large operations retain strategic and operational control of the business dynamics associated with the supply of major product families. This is a prudent and necessary process because of the corporate revenue impact of such products. Learn more about the 1-12 month S&OP process and the strategic S&OP process.
- In the case of Enterprise Resource Planning, Orbsen offers services aimed at harvesting the value of already implement ERP systems. For those companies seeking to implement or upgrade ERP systems, Orbsen can offer programmatic support for such projects.
- For food companies with diverse product portfolio’s and data sources, the application of Executive Information Systems may be of significant value.
Orbsen has deep competencies in several functional areas and business sectors. Orbsen offers structured services aimed at creating value for client organizations by addressing a broad range of client needs.
- In the area of Supply Chain Management, featured services include strategic inventory reduction, sales and operations planning, planning architecture development, harvesting value from Enterprise Resource Planning, procurement, demand management and customer service.
- In the area of Operations Management, featured services address best practices in operations, strategic cost of goods management and improvement of overall equipment effectiveness. In pharmaceutical operations in particular, the operations management of the quality assurance and laboratory functions can bear equal importance to operations management of production.
- In the area of Strategy, offerings include strategic analysis, strategy development, portfolio management, measurement of business value and benchmarking. Programme management services are also offered in a variety of areas.
- In the area of Information Technology Management, services are offered in the areas of enterprise platform selection in both Tier 1 and Tier 2 contexts, deployment support, executive information systems selection and deployment, and overall IT strategy development.
- Orbsen also offers a la carte General Consultancy, exploiting broad based competencies and methodologies.