Service Offering - Dynamic use of Critical Success Factors in driving improvements in the Business
Knowing the difference between what is important, and what is a distraction, is key for success. Too many organizations pursue too many objectives. As the old adage says, “if everything is a priority, then nothing is a priority”. Critical Success Factor approaches allow management to focus and harness the organizations energy on those agenda’s that will make a difference. The art and wisdom in deploying CSF’s relate to the choice of those agenda’s, the representation of the supporting actions, the review mechanisms for deployment, and the ability to dynamically restate the agenda’s at appropriate intervals.
- Assessment of the business context. This may involve rich picture analysis of the operation, elicitation via interview and assessment techniques, as well as scorecard gaps and obvious challenges.
- Determination and characterization of candidate agenda items and associated enabling actions, in terms of timeframe of implementation, business impact, cost of deployment, likelihood of success, and responsibility for deployment.
- Choice of a quarterly CSF agenda, based on multi-attribute ranking of the candidate items and strictly limited to the organizations demonstrated ability to handle change.
- Buy in and commitment to the supporting actions and associated responsibilities.
- Design of the reporting and review mechanism.
- Provision for updating the CSF agenda on a quarterly basis.
Typical Duration : (contingent on operating unit complexity and EIS capability)
- Director Finance, Strategy, Operations, or Supply Chain.