Service Offering - Site Strategy Development
Site Directors and their teams can often face turning points. Sometimes these turning points can be poorly sign-posted or the management team is trapped on the treadmill of day to day operations. Perhaps the site’s product portfolio is shifting. Perhaps the technology is changing. Maybe a site which faced growth is now moving towards contraction. Perhaps it is an upside opportunity emerging within the corporation, that a site would like to pursue. The wisdom lies in knowing the difference between what is important, and what is a distraction, and what can be done to strategically position the plant for the future.
- Assessment of the business context of the site. This involves rich picture analysis of the product portfolio and their dynamics, candidate entry’s to the sites portfolio’s, and planned or possible exits from the sites portfolio.
- Assessment of the capability issues associated with the site. What forms and footprints of manufacturing are currently and potentially supported, and how do these map onto candidate products.
- Assessment of operation performance : how well we do what we do, scorecards of conversion costs, customer service and quality.
- Assessment of location and relevance to cost, tax, freight and duty.
- Review of organizational form and appropriateness to the future task.
- Determination and characterization of strategic agenda items, and associated enabling actions, in terms of timeframe of implementation, business impact, cost of deployment, likelihood of success, and responsibility for deployment.
Typical Duration : (contingent on operating unit complexity and EIS capability)
- Site Managing Director or Site Director Operations, Finance or Strategy.