Service Offering - Multi-year Capacity Management Approaches
In operations management, when one changes the timeframe of reference, from months to years, one often changes the appropriateness of the language and techniques of capacity management. This offering is geared towards the design of capacity management for multi-year horizons.
- Determination of the key capacities and capabilities that need to be managed in the strategic timeframe.
- Determination of aggregation levels appropriate for representing demand.
- Determination of aggregation levels appropriate for representing supply.
- Development of parallel mechanisms around multiple units of measure, in situations where it is warranted.
- Assessment of enhancements or investments that change the envelope of capacity.
- Development of review mechanisms, with linkage to the strategic S&OP.
Typical Duration : (contingent on operating unit complexity, EIS capability and robustness of the current process)
- Senior Director Operations or Supply Chain.
Related Offerings : Tactical Capacity Management