Service Offering - Site Freight and Logistics Cost Reduction Programme.
Every truck shipment that moves without a full load represents waste : the waste of shipping air in space that should be occupied by pallets. Whether it is hitting the burden of less than full load shipments, or negotiating strategic relationships with global carriers, the transportation cost opportunity can amount to 10% of the costs of product conversion. That is big bucks in any language or currency.
- Establish the matrix of product movements
- Determine production quantities in plant, in harmony with the needs of plant set up, transportation optimization and overall supply chain inventory.
- Aligning policy parameters in distribution centres, with the assumptions of the overall supply chain model.
- Establishing a shipping calendar, in as far as is feasible.
- Diagnosis of reasons for non-conformance to the calendar
- Deployment of KPI’s that makes transparent, the ongoing effectiveness of shipping modes, and truckload utilization.
- Working with outer shipper designers, to assess secure modes for double stack shipments.
- Deploying strategic sourcing methodologies in the decision process, regarding choice of carrier, with which to build a strategic business relationship.
- Taking account of the needs of special shipping modalities, such as cold chain, air, or deep sea.
- Taking account of the significant others in transportation management, purchasing and inbound logistics, as well as couriers.
Typical Duration : (contingent on operating unit complexity, system capability and robustness of the current process)
- Regional Director Logistics
- Site Director Materials, Finance or Site General Manager
Related Offerings : Regional Distribution Strategy