Service Offering - Reinventing Line of Balance as a control technique for measuring alignment of Production with Demand
Line of Balance is a technique that is over 60 years old. Despite its antiquity, it can serve as a useful visual control in an ERP context in addressing the question of how aligned is production supply with demand, across multiple operating centres. In contexts where release of product is problematic, it has a second benefit of isolating release issues from production volume issues.
- Choice of the language of output measurement.
- Assessment of demand situation at the post production offset.
- Assessment of current production and inventory status to support that demand.
- Translation of that volume information into time based measures (days of output).
- Assess categorization by process step and product family that is appropriate to line of balance control.
- Assess and prescribe information availability to support line of balance.
- Design the line of balance measurement framework and get buy in from stakeholders.
- Deploy in a prototyping style.
- Link to an appropriate review forum the operation.
Typical Duration : Short engagement
(contingent on operating unit complexity and EIS capability)
- Director of Operations, Supply Chain, Materials or Site General Manager.