Service Offering - Short Cycle Production Performance Techniques.
In Operations Management, there is an ongoing cycle of planning, commitment and execution. The planning-commitment cycle is typically either weekly or monthly depending on the nature of the supply chain. Operations which tightly manage execution within the short cycle, i.e. days and hours have a better likelihood of achieving their commitments. This is not rocket science, just well crafted common sense.
- Review of the commitment cycle from operations to the business.
- Review of the published measurement mechanisms within the daily and weekly cycle, that shows the degree of commitment achievement.
- Assess categorization by process step and product family, that is appropriate to a short cycle measurement process.
- Prescription of information availability, to support short cycle measurement.
- Design the short cycle measurement framework and get buy in from stakeholders.
- Deployment in a prototyping style.
- Linkage to the team based continuous improvement within the organization.
- Linkage to the management team agenda.
Typical Duration : Short engagement (contingent on operating unit complexity, EIS capability and robustness of the current process)
- Director of Operations or Site General Manager.